- Continue Reading
The new Planning Scheme has now been released by the Sunshine Coast Regional Council.
The planning scheme sets out how the council has planed future growth and provides the set of rules for development throughout the Sunshine Coast Regional Council shire.
Mayor Mark Jamieson suggests that the new scheme will make the future direction for Sunshine Coast residents and businesses much clearer. “For most people buying a property is the biggest investment they will make. This process will be smoother as the new plan is easier to use and simpler to navigate.” he says.
What can you expect to find in the new Planning Scheme
- Zoning: what you can or can’t do with your parcel of land
- Overlays: showing height restrictions, steep land, flooding inundation etc
- Local Area Plans: more in depth detail for specific areas
- Type of Approval:What type of development approval for different types of projects
- Self-Assessable: Is a project self-assessable or does it require planning approval
To view the Planning Scheme go to www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/planningscheme
If you require more in depth assistance with your project please contact and arrange your free initial consultation – let us help you realise the potential for your project.